[stylist] new writing assignment?

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 4 00:02:42 UTC 2012

Barbara,
I don't know what you do for a living or what others do. But many here are
not full time writers.
If you want more critiques, you probably should join a real writing group in
your community.
Your  post seems disappointed; well you would probably learn more if you
discussed writing with others anyway rather than a virtual forum.
I like the sharing of writing, however, I also enjoy the general tips,
techniques, word of the day, questions on style and computer tips too.

Libraries may have some as well.
I encourage everyone to share writing and I will share some myself. Its
school spring break so I'll post something or two.

However, people do get busy and many people are on multiple lists here.
I really wonder myself how you all have time to read and write so much. I
don't especially when I was fortunate enough to have an internship. My
commute was like an hour home due to traffic and then I was kind of tired. I
had time to change clothes and eat dinner and then it was like 8:00 so not
much gets done after that.

Another thing is that many of you share poems. Speaking for myself, I cannot
critique nor can I enjoy poetry with jaws. The format is messed up; you
cannot see the structure of stanzas or how its laid out. Spelling,
punctuation and format is more important in poetry and you just cannot! do
it well with a screen reader.

Anyway, I have a hundred emails to read from this list and when time
permits, I will read and comment on writing. You all are great writers and I
encourage you to continue sharing writings and ideas.

Ashley