[stylist] Creative nonfiction is not made-up material

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Mar 5 16:52:20 UTC 2012

Lynda,
This is a wonderful metaphor.
I am so stimulated by two excellent writers with differing points of view.
I am trying to think of the name of the man who wrote a best-selling memoir
that was selected by Oprah Winfrey as her book selection. When she found it
was based on lies, she shamed him publicly. As far as I know, he is still
writing and making money at it. I do not know if there were legal
ramifications to his writing, only that Oprah was furious.
Jackie