[stylist] A copy change poem

Mary-Jo Lord mjfingerprints at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 02:24:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

Here is a poem that I wrote while in a workshop last summer.  We were given
this poem as a prompt.  I chose to write my own version of "have a day."
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2011/07/05

Here is mine.  I'll also attach the word document.

Have a Day

Have a nice day.
Have a long day, a short day, or
an in between day.

Have a bad hair day,
a pull your hair out by the roots day,
a seven years of bad luck day, or an
over slept day.

Have a late for class on the day of a final exam,
can’t remember the subject instructor or room number,
racing through the halls naked dream,
but it’s for real day.

Have a they’re coming to take me away ha-ha,
primal scream,
Calgon take me away day.  Or a
house fell on your sister and
I’ll get you and your little dog too day.

Have a there’s no place like home,
cookies and hot chocolate after a snow ball fight day, or
A day at the beach.

Have a déjà vous.
Have a missed the winning ticket by one number or
missed being side swiped by a semi by half a second day.

Have a play hooky for no reason and with no plans,
favorite song stuck in your head,
waking up laughing day.
Have a blazing sun and pounding rain at the same time day.
Have a day of small miracles or big disasters.

Allow yourself to have a bad day, or
To be in a bad mood on a good day.
Have a so-so day, an overwhelmed day, or
an uneventful, unforgettable day.
Have the best day of your life without a life changing event.
Have a day that’s yours to remember
Just because.
Mary-Jo Lord