[stylist] Pet PVS

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu Mar 22 22:38:16 UTC 2012

Donna, Lynda, Bridget and all,
I am in this same boat. Since I try to remember to use the spell checker
with every message, I am terribly upset with myself when I forget and later
become aware of missing words, and other errors.
It annoys me when others can see red and green lines under words and
punctuation and can read exactly  what is wrong as when you should use
"that" instead of "which" and when a comma is necessary  with one and not
the other. Why does not JAWS read that information to me?
I edited my mother's poetry book, "Hardly Anybody Lives Forever," and also
had five other people do so. When it was published it had fifteen errors
most of which got by the spell checker and all other eyes.
It appears that the eye sees what it wants to see so the brain sees the
correct word.
If any of you have a good source for brushing up on punctuation on the
internet, please let me know. I have resource books but can no longer read
them and my scanner makes many mistakes.
Jackie