[stylist] Using JAWS and vision on computer

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Mar 26 19:14:47 UTC 2012

Bridget,
Perhaps we should be talking about I.Q.
When I returned from the blind center in Tucson, my Voc Rehab counselor said
I would need computer lessons for about one year to attain the skills I
would need for a job. Of course they did not have the people to meet that
requirement except on an off and on schedule with constant change of
instructors. There guidelines were accepted as the norm.
When you say you learned JAWS in about two months, it blows my mind. How
about two years?
I have to assume that you had computer skills to start with, which includes
typing skills, and top-notch hearing.
I have suspected that you are extremely bright. You wear many hats, and have
boundless energy.
Many of us may not be able to meet those performance levels.
Jackie