[stylist] Question for fiction writers.

Alan Wheeler awheeler65 at windstream.net
Wed Mar 28 14:59:45 UTC 2012

Hi,
Big question for the fiction writers among us.
What kind of process do you use when creating characters and describing what
they look like? For the book I am attempting to write, I have two doctor
characters, and I am trying to picture what they look like in my mind's eye,
for one thing, and how to describe those looks.

For anyone with enough vision, the one doctor character is, actually based
on an actor who played a doctor in the 80's TV series St. Elsewhere. If you
remember Dr. Craig (a.k.a William Daniels the voice of K.I.T.T from Knight
Rider), he would look and kind of talk like him. Can anyone help?
"The kind of work God usually calls you to is the kind of work that you need
most to do and that the world most needs to have done.The place God calls
you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's  deep hunger
meet."
- Frederick Buechner's definition of "vocation" in his little book "Wishful
Thinking"
Psalms 33:3 Psalms 150:5

Alan Wheeler
Lincoln, Nebraska