[stylist] R: Post Cards from Prague

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu May 17 15:06:16 UTC 2012

I was thinking today about the beginning of the summer, and the traveling season we are now into for the next few months. Travel has always been a central part of my own life and it still remains so even though I now have sight loss issues. I find that I love to travel as much as I ever did, and I enjoy where I am in the same way as before.

I have attached a poem I wrote in Prague a few years ago. I was there every summer for many years. I taught in Europe in the summer time and took students there to study on-location in Italy, Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic.  Our Course was "Drawing and Writing in Salzburg." We lived in  a small village in the Alps in Austria and had classes there every morning. We took long weekends to other countries together.
The students traveled with me for a month of studies each summer in July.

This poem was composed as we traevled in Prague and in the form of individual post cards to be sent from there.  I imagined sending out creative post cards instead of the typical ones that really say nothing at all about the place or the person's internal dialogue with the place.

I thought, wouldn't it be refreshing to get a REAL post card from Prague? this motivated me to begin writing the post cards you see here.

Is travel a theme in any of your work?
I find that travel is really central to mine, even if it is a metaphorical journey.

This poem was published in my book, "Concerti:  Psalms for the Journey."

Available through www.amazon.com

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117