[stylist] Icicles and Myrna

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu May 17 16:52:40 UTC 2012

Hi Myrna,

This is why I wanted to take my time with your poem this morning. I read it
over a couple of times yesterday, and then I like to come back on a
different day to begin finding out what is there.  It is like an excavation
site - it has to be uncovered slowly, layer by layer, to find what is there
amid the words and lines.  The words are stepping stones that take us
through the site, and the digging begins. I love to explicate poems and that
is my gift. We all have a gift and that is one of mine - it is nothing you
can learn in a classroom - you are born with it, the discernment.

Your father is far more educated than many folks walking about with college
degrees! He has a humility and discernment  that comes from his intuition.
He KNEW in his heart how to TEACH YOU something you needed to have in your
life - what seeing really is all about. It is not about the eyes, really. It
is about the heart.

He has a natural God-given wisdom and intelligence and no training can give
this to a person - it is inherent.  Your father not only had wisdom in
knowing how to give a life lesson, he had a heart.  You honor him through
this poem. I will never forget this poem, Myrna. It is a lesson he has given
to all who read your poems.  I loved it. Thanks so much for sharing it with
us here.

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117