[stylist] To Ashley...Re: Icicles and Myrna

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Fri May 18 13:35:55 UTC 2012

Lynda gives the best advice here and I am applauding  it.   READ POETRY to
write poetry.  Actually READ any genre to write  in that genre.  I give this
advice to young or new writers on a poetry I  help out on too.  I've only
been writing about 12 years but early on an  English professor told me I
should 'delve' into writing but yours truly wasn't  'delving' into that  LOL  He
also told me to read the work of others  because that would be the truest
way to find my own niche, if I  should choose to follow his advice and
'delve'.  About 30 years later  I did just that and realized what my professor was
trying to tell me.   Spread your wings and soar.  Explore the craft.  You
will be surprised  at all the good things you can learn.  I still do this
even after 12 years  of sharing my words. It guides me just as much as my own
words do.

Myrna

In a message dated 5/18/2012 8:24:03 A.M. Central Daylight Time,