[stylist] R: Post Cards from Prague

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri May 25 00:38:16 UTC 2012

Yes, if you ever have a chance to visit Prague, it is absolutely wonderful.
I visited there every summer for 12 years as part of my European studies
program abroad.
I visited many small villages - they are so magical.  My father was in
Paton's troops in WWII, and I have a photo album of him in Czechoslovokia at
that time. He loved it there and he looks so happy in the old photos. He is
wearing his military uniform and he is pictured with many of the women and
girls, and dogs.  I treasure those photos. My fravorite poet lived in Prague
and I visited his home every summer, a pilgrimage.  Rilke.  As I read his
poems, I can see him there in my mind, in all those streets. Also, Kafka, is
a favorite and I have visited his little house near the castle many times,
too.  It is a land of poetry and art. I have many things in my home that I
brought back from my trips there.

Yes, I hope your teacher will move that project to the front burner and do
it soon. It could be a fantastic book.
What a lucky lady you are to study with her! I miss that so much.  There is
nothing more wonderful than to have a group of poetry loving friends and to
get together just to speak poetry with each other.

Lynda

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117