[stylist] Jackie, about the form used for my poem Interpretations

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue May 29 19:25:00 UTC 2012

Myrna,
I just love your phrase, Tumbling Tercets.
You are a very inventive poet, and you may well be one of those "New
Formalists.:"
I have a sister who has gone through most of the poetic forms listed in the
book, "Awakening the Poet Within" by Anne Gassar, and then she developed her
own off-shoots. I try some of that, but I do not feel comfortable unless I
know the traditional form automatically. Somehow, I feel a form poem easier
to deal with as a blind person. The structure of something is definable by a
"white cane" . It takes tremendous concentration to keep the format in mind,
but I take it as a drill to keep the mind agile and working in precision
mode.
I love discussions of different forms and then trying them.
I admire your creativity and talent.
Jackie