[stylist] Critiquing question- quoting other sources

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Nov 3 20:12:02 UTC 2012

Hey you all, need your input:

Bob Gardner, one of our members who is not on STYLIST has a question for us.
he is doing a critique of a draft of a book, this is for a person who is
paying us for this service --- recall our Sept. up to the end of December
fund raiser, our critique service?

Here is what he writes:

I have a question.  The author quotes many long passages from other articles
and books in her manuscript.  I have no experience with the legalities of
doing that.  Do you know how much freedom a writer has to quote material
from other sources?  Is permission required from someone?  Is there someone
within the Writers' Division who is knowledgeable on this?

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee