[stylist] my lateish CK Gratitude prompt response

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Tue Nov 20 13:49:06 UTC 2012

I too read the story and have been thinking about it. I read it 3 days ago
and I'd say that because it is still in my head tells me that it touched my
interest. The salesmen was pretty typical for a guy, a self-serving and
shallow type of dude --- for this story he was just a tool/source, a
bank-board for our ladies thoughts and emotions to rebound. All in the story
was believable; characters had good detail in their physical description and
showed believable human feelings and other characteristics. And it was good
to see our main lady go through changes --- the transplant is a real life
changer, the anti-rejection meds can do a number on you, and a marriage with
who may be a guy that needs a bit of growing up and other straightening up
is definitely a source for stirring the life perspective of a spouse like
our lady. (The question of "which way did she go?" That took me some
rereading to catch on. And I'm thinking that it was the right way to do it
--- by not having the character say it clearly as she made the turn was
best, leaves me more thinking that she may still be feeling the emptiness in
the future, but willing to face that.