[stylist] thanks for the comments, plus more on male and female gender

Eve Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 16:15:43 UTC 2012

Vejas, Please be careful. I do not consider myself clueless. I am an
educated person and understand the role of genetics and DNA. The sex of a
child IS determined by the biological father. That is a proven fact that is
quite easy to understand if someone takes the time to learn about it. That
has nothing to little to do with your premise of a medical condition that
causes someone to only be able to carry one sex and not another. (Just for
clarification; there is more than two sexes if you consider that 25% of all
births are hermaphrodites.) Just because there seems to be a propensity for
something occurring does not make it medically problematic. I have not done
the research on it, but am willing to wager there is no medical cause for
such occurrences. If you want to use this 'unable to carry a boy' in a
story and make it believable, I would either do more research on the matter
or alter the wording to reflect the reality that the woman had wanted a
boy, but never successfully carried one to term, without a fictitious
medical condition, or both. I feel you enjoy writing about multiples and
will someday write something that will be important in the literary world
involving this subject. It will not happen though if you do not learn your
subject. Please consider this advice. Eve