[stylist] update: about brave new world

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Oct 17 15:37:13 UTC 2012

I agree with you Robert. This is about a philosophy of a cutlure - and how
it affects life. Yes, you can certainly consider what might be done with a
blind person in the society in this book.  A blind person could be a clog in
the machinery . We can also think about the ideas we see here in this book
and think about parallels we can find in our culture at this time, too. It
is not about an individual "character" development, but the development of a
philosophy and how it would work. It is about the masses, not the particular
individual here in this book. It is the exploration of an idea - a grand
idea.  We can reflect on our own culture and ask what are our grand ideas
and how do we see them developing and acting out in our lives.

I think that Vejas has asked a remarkable question today.  It is good to
know that young students are still being charged with reading books that
cause us to ask questions of them.

Lynda Lambert