[stylist] My thoughts- Kuell article in Monitor

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri Apr 5 22:48:46 UTC 2013

I fully agree with you both. Writing is about whatever you have decided to
write about - a rant or venting, is a genre of writing. You can find rant
literary magazines and submit articles to them for publication. It is a
legitimate literary form. We teach it in college writing programs! One of my
very dear friends is Professor of Linguistics, and he writes the most
fantastic rants. It is OK.

And, just before I read this, I had responded to Jacqueline's note to me -
and I was VENTING about how I do not like being blind. That is my point of
view at this moment, and that is what I wrote about. A little mini-rant.  It
was in response to Jackie's poem - and it was my own personal response to
thoughts she had in the poem. they are MY thoughts. After we read something,
we do have thoughts, don't we? Writing about our thoughts in reflection on
what other's are saying is a good thing.

It might not be popular, but it is honest and from our individual
perspective.  As a friend once told me, "We are not two peas in a pod."

Lynda