[stylist] color/rainbow prompt response

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sat Apr 6 21:35:05 UTC 2013

Lynda,
I really felt like a million dollars after reading your e-mail. Not for just
one identifiable reason, but for many: you said "pissed off" which made me
laugh, and you were so honest about everything that all of us feel or have
felt. Sometimes people are most likeable when they get mad!
I think my poem about rainbows could be identified as "pie in the sky." I
think I was trying to respond to the pride shown by members of their spirit
and hard work, and accepting no condescending actions from the seeing world.
Whatever the rainbow colors of our lives, with multiple disabilities, life
becomes hard work.
Perhaps poetry is just a way of making lemonade out of lemons.
I will remove the asterisk.
I'm not having enough time to truly critique all of those on this list. So
this is short.
My admiration,
Jackie