[stylist] Rainbow response- lamenting sight

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Apr 6 21:43:16 UTC 2013

Yes,!  You mentioned some of the things that drive me up the wall, too -
depending on someone else to help with grocery shopping is right up there at
the top of my list - I want to rush into the store, grab a buggy, and scan
the perimiter of that store - I only shop the perimiter since I am
vegetarian - but to just grab what I want, and get on my way.  What I hate
most of all is waiting - waiting on things I want to get done NOW.

My granddaughter lives just across the creek from my home - I can walk over
the bridge and be there at her place in just a couple of minutes. I play
with her children, and they have no clue I cannot see them - I did try to
tell the 3 year old that I cannot see her, but she didn't believe me.  It
was so funny. She thinks my cane is just for having fun with. She likes to
take it and walk around the yard with it like it's a toy.  I wonder how long
it will be before she knows I cannot read a book to her.

Yes, I have learned to do just about everything I want to do - but that is
not the point. And, yes, I am thankful for all the technologies we have to
help us get things accomplished. And, everyone who knows me marvels at all I
do. I don't dwell on the negatives, and there are many negatives. And, to
say that I would rather be without sight, to me, would be the fox calling
the grapes that are too high to reach, "sour grapes."  I plan to keep on
reaching high after the sweetest grapes of all.

Lynda