[stylist] Comments on One night story

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 16 04:52:10 UTC 2013

Tessa,

I understand these aren't your original characters, but with fan
fiction, as you have already done, you can make the characters your own.
As I am quite familiar with the musical, I know your story is very
loosely based on the show, so you can always take it further and bring
more of yourself into the writing, creating characters that resemble the
original but are yours nonetheless.

As for a more lyrical style in which to write a sex scene, this may not
be the best example, but I wrote the following in a personal essay a
couple of years ago:

Stroking my skin gently, melting the ice from my lips, plucking my body
ripened and firm, he whispered desire back into me. Once again, I
recognized the yearning for touch. restless, eager, I breathed him in.

I'm not saying you have to borrow a lyrical voice especially if this
isn't your style of writing, but I still think a more creative way can
be found to write sex scenes. I've read erotic novels, or novels
containing erotic scenes, and many have the same old, cliché
descriptions that usually are cheesy. Some do find a way to be more
creative, and for me, I prefer this. I think these writers go beyond
describing sex and actually accomplish creating an emotional response in
the reader.

Bridgit

Message: 25