[stylist] Donna and Bridget

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Apr 18 19:06:20 UTC 2013

Eve,
You're right about us being too close to our work to pick things up.
Someday, I'm going to write a humorous piece about the stupid oversights I
made in editing my book; even after dozens of re-reads, the ridiculousness
of some of the things I (and a half-dozen readers) missed is startling. Of
course, by the time I get to it, I'll probably have found even more in the
published version. Yikes!

BTW, I liked the references to thievery in Raven. To me, the word conotes
something of the magic, which I think would have been tamped down a bit with
concrete explainations. She was known for her thievery; that says something
to me. She didn't just take a pack of gum once a long time ago, and the word
"thievery" as opposed to "thief," which are both nouns, speaks to a
technique and pizzazz. I'm not a student of this, so I can't speak to it
being that, but that's how I took it.
Donna