[stylist] Block quotes

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 20:25:24 UTC 2013

Eve,

Block quotes are used when quoting a source that's longer than a couple
of sentences. A block quote is it' own paragraph and each side is
indented. Block quotes are used more in academic and scholarly writing
than creative writing, though it certainly can be used.

There are some great user-friendly writing style guide books available
in accessible formats. A great one is by Strunk and White called the
Elements of Stylewhich I refer to often. You can find it on BARD.

Bridgit
Message: 9