[stylist] poetry question

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sun Apr 21 19:27:51 UTC 2013

Vejas,
I'm not a poet, so I don't think I can be of much help here in terms of
suggestions for re writing or answers to whether it is indeed a poem.  I
will say this though; this is a message that needs to get out there and it
clearly resonated with your classmates. So, by all means submit it. I think
that some of its power that your classmates felt comes from your voice as
you read it aloud, and it is that passion and empathy that make it poetic. I
think we often forget that poetry was first and foremost a spoken art, and
there are things in the way we speak that cannot be fully imitated in the
written language.

Keep writing, you have a lot to give.
Donna