[stylist] Writing prompt

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Mon Apr 22 16:12:51 UTC 2013

Eve

Thank you for reading the story.  I'm glad you liked it.  I guess I didn't worry about the Fae in cowboy hats not being a faery purist, I kind of rolled my own with that one.

Actually some of this was inspired by campus experience.  One of the professors at Iowa State University actually did write a letter to the Des Moines Register about faeries and it did cause some comment (although not as much consternation as in the story).  He was often opposed by another ISU professor in the Engineering department who took on supernatural weirdness of both the occult and the Christian fundamentalist varieties.  This in turn got him in trouble with the dean of the Engineering school, a yough-earth creationist who taught that evolution violated the second law of thermal dynamics.  Ah well, the antics of professors are often amusing.

Good luck and good writing.

Shawn