[stylist] Harry Potter

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Apr 30 16:29:50 UTC 2013

Well put.
Donna

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Bridgit
Pollpeter
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:49 AM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org
Subject: [stylist] Harry Potter

Eve and others,

No coincidence  at all. The depth to which Rowling took her series is mind
boggling once you research it. There were quite a few things I was aware of
when reading the series that I recognized from history or literature, but
when I took that class, I was astounded to learn just how deep HP is rooted
in historical and literary references. It goes so much deeper than the
names, than witchcraft, than magic. It's a comment on how intelligent
Rowling is, and the magnitude of this work is truly commendable. What seems
like recognizable references quickly become jus the surface of what she did.

Bridgit
Message: 6