[stylist] Update on my hubby & holiday gift suggestion

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Dec 17 04:10:32 UTC 2013

Hi Friends,
Below is an ad for my new novel The Heart of Applebutter Hill, which I hope
you will consider giving as holiday gifts. Rich is currently being treated
for neuro-Lyme disease (in the central nervous system) with IV antibiotics.
I've lost count of how many times he's been in the hospital since July. We
think we're finally on the right track, but only time will tell.

My apologies for not being able to keep up with the list and meetings. I'm
pretty burned out -- my guide dog, who was a trooper all summer, is now
showing signs of stress (a Labrador who refuses to eat, for instance, is not
normal). Needless to say, I haven't done much to promote the book other than
some FB & Twitter posts & a GoodReads giveaway.

Hope you all have a blessed holiday season. Please take a look at this. If
anyone's read the book on Bookshare, I'd really appreciate a rating/review
on Amazon; it doesn't have to be a glowing review; a 3 for instance is
better than not having any ratings.

Donna

***

Ever wish you could make sighted people get it? What would it take to create
a quantum shift in the level of low expectations and negativity? Sometimes,
fiction can do the trick.

Give your family, friends and teachers a good story for the holidays. The
Heart of Applebutter Hill by online journalist, NFB volunteer publicist and
songwriter-recording artist Donna W. Hill features a legally-blind,
14-year-old  singer-songwriter, who learns a dangerous secret.

An adventure-mystery with excursions into fantasy for general audiences, it
received prepublication recommendations from professionals in education,
rehabilitation and the arts as a valuable classroom resource for
diversity-inclusivity & anti-bullying initiatives. Recommenders include
Future Reflections editor -novelist Deborah Kent Stein, NFB Writers'
Division President Robert Leslie Newman, LCB Braille instructor-novelist
Jerry Whittle & published web accessibility advocate Dr. Brian Wentz
(Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania). Read their comments at:

http://donnawhill.com/recommenders-of-the-heart-of-applebutter-hill-from-pro
fessionals-in-education-rehabilitation-the-arts/

The Heart of Applebutter Hill is available in print on Amazon. Online
outlets for eBooks include Kindle, Nook, Apple, Kobo, Baker & Taylor, Sony,
and through Bookshare. Smashwords has it in 7 e-versions including .rtf &
.pdf:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/313071?ref=DonnaWHill

The best deal is on Amazon; the Kindle version is $.99 with purchase of the
print copy for the reduced price of $12.59:

http://www.amazon.com/books/dp/1483948226

-- The Heart of Applebutter Hill - a novel on a mission:

http://DonnaWHill.com <http://donnawhill.com/>