[stylist] Quote to ponder - taken to another level

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 01:01:03 UTC 2013

Hi,
Um, actually, people spell bad probably because they are not taught braille,
have had less support in school, or have a undiagnosed learning problem.
I think spelling is about knowing the rules and sounding things out. You
match the sounds or phonemes with the letters or graphemes.
Oh my goodness. To say spelling is visual is well kind of odd.
There are tons of ways to learn spelling from memorization to phonecs, to
seeing the whole word in print or braille and more ways.
Ashley