[stylist] Quote to ponder - taken to another level

Aine Kelly-Costello ainekc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 08:46:50 UTC 2013

Donna,

Speaking of dislexia with Braille contractions don't worry-my
fingers still occasionally mix up to and by when writing at speed
(I don't write in UEB) to this day haha, and I use a Braille
keyboard for writing 90% of the time.

Re homophones - here is another problem of different
synthesizers. I have to say you're right that JAWS is pretty good
for it, except the problem I run into here is that there are
words the keynote gold synthesizer on my BrailleNote let's me
know if I've spelt wrong where JAWS does not. These are mostly
things that spellcheck finds anyway, though. I suppose now you
mention it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to proofread stuff using
both synthesizers (I can access the JAWS-SOUNDING one on my BN
but don't use it much as it tends to create a lot of lag and I
prefer the other one).

Aine