[stylist] To ponder- taken to another level

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 10 22:03:43 UTC 2013

My white cane is not only great for getting me safely around, and especially
up and down steps, but I also love to use it because it sends a very clear
message - I cannot see you!  It saves a lot of hassles because I don't look
blind at all and people would never know it unless they were around me for
quite some time and watched me very carefully.  By using the cane, I can
walk along at a good pace with anyone and they do not have to worry about me
at all. They can relax and we can enjoy a conversation as we walk together .
I have had a lot of mobility training at the BVRS and also at my home and in
my community. I literally can walk anywhere at all with my cane - I love it.
Lynda