[stylist] To ponder- taken to another level

Anita Ogletree yrstrli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:58:43 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
Yes, when I am going places like my doctor's office and I am
familiar with the layout, I use so cane.  But there are times
when I may be moving through my own house and I generally know
where everything is in each room; however, there is the chance
that if a little one has moved a chair that I might bump into it.
Or those times when someone gets up from the table and doesn't
push their chair all the way under it.  There was this coffee
table in my mom's house that was made of a sturdz wood that was
heavy.  I knew exactly where the table was in the living room and
I deliberately try to walk around it.  But somehow my shin would
make contact with the corner of that table.
And I truly think that because I have light perception and can
see objects that sometimes I become a little disoriented.  I have
tried explaining this to other people and no one seems to really
understand.  The lighting in the room and perhaps the shadows
from the furniture or something seems to come together and I can
end up veering too far left or right instead of walking straight.
That happens especially when I am traveling outside or in wide
open spaces like a large room.  I don't know.  It's kinda whacky.

Anita