[stylist] Song writing prompt

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:58:19 UTC 2013

Eve,

Thanks for the comments. Using the song lyrics wasn't so organic at
first. I actually have been working on this piece for a few days, then I
thought I'd try it out for this writing prompt. Somewhere over the
rainbow is a song I sing to Declan everyday, so it seemed natural to use
it, plus it was the first song to pop into my head, grin. Placing the
first line into my first sentence wasn't initially done to be left that
way, but after editing things, it felt natural to leave it there. The
rest came organically at that point, but only after a few tries at
rearranging things. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 11