[stylist] Representing blindness

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Feb 12 21:08:52 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
I'm so glad you had such a positive experience surrounding your pregnancy
and Decklin's first little while. It would not have been a good time to have
to deal with stupid people. I loved that you slammed the door in the face of
the nurse who didn't think you could take a shower. Years ago, I might have
lost my cool -- since I did regularly in the face of being treated like I
couldn't do anything, but nowadays, I've gotten to the point where I enjoy
making my point calmly -- I think it makes them squirm more than those old
outbursts. Once, when a nurse in a doctor's office was trying to push and
drag me, I said, "May I guess? They haven't taught you anything about
dealing with blind people." Of course, they hadn't, and it did get her
attention. I still could have strangled her, truth be known.
Donna
Donna