[stylist] CK prompt response

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 18:58:06 UTC 2013

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and comment on my prompt
submission. I really appreciate your feedback.

Vejas - I agree that it's a dark comedy piece, with an accent on the dark. I
was going, as Bridjit suggested, for a drunk man's spiral into depression
over his cheating wife and fruitless writing career, but the 'are we having
fun yet? lines were meant as sarcasm.

Donna- the piece was complete fiction.

Linda - you know, I've pictured you more of a tree-hugging flower child
rather than a rock-n-rollin' gangsta girl. So much for impressions!

Bridjit - thanks so much for your careful reading and feedback. I thought
the 'shakily' sentence didn't sound right, and your suggestion about the
salty eye is perfect. This was just an exercise, so I don't imagine doing
anything with it, but I'll fix it up and maybe someday I'll find a use for
it. By the way, drivel is a noun meaning silly, innane or inaccurate talk.
So he thought of his own words as drivel and erased them. And, according to
wikipedia:
A tell-tale or telltale is an indicator, signal, or sign that conveys the
status of a situation, mechanism, or system.

chris