[stylist] Prompt_When we dance together

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Feb 16 16:25:36 UTC 2013

Morning, Barbara.
Nervous? Got shivers? Good!
Anyone who starts up a bike without a bit of nervous would be a fool.
Anything can happen in a split second, at any time - and you have to always
be conscious of that.

My poem was written from my memory of one particular day as I rode with some
friends on bikes across the Pennsylvania mountains - we  started out at 9 in
the mornning and got back home around midnight.  It was brisk, high winds
blowing across the mountains sideways for hour upon hour - pouring down
rains - freezing to the core. A memorable day.

I love writing in Pantoum. And, it was fun to write something that started
with a favorite song. I had no idea when I selected the song, what I would
be writing about - but then it came to me as I thought of the motions of
dancing because riding is a dance with the wind.
Lynda