[stylist] Morning Hour

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Jan 2 19:25:35 UTC 2013

Jackie,

Thanks for the words - it's always good to get your "take" on things and I
appreciate it. I know you truly understand the "blizzard of words."  It
confronts us every day.  S. I. Hayakawa called it the "Niagara of Words."
in his book  _Language in Thought and Action_  in the early 70s  which was
required reading for any English major at that time. Such thoughts  leave
lasting impressions on us - it comes to us when we are working on our own
projects many decades later. It's simply impossible for us to leave our past
behind us - we are there; located in our past while  in our present; and in
contemplating our future. Lynda

I was thinking early this morning about this poem - the scene is the same
here right now - frigid and lots of snow.

But, I was think about the amount of time it takes to create a work of art
or a piece of literature. It is Time, and lots more time. I said I first
wrote this poem 12 years ago. If you were to read it, you would find only
some images there in that early poem. It was not yet "time" for me to fully
understand the images that I wrote at that time.  It takes a life time,
maybe more, to even begin to understand the gifts of images we have been
given. Twelve years later, I have lived long enough to go back and begin to
see things anew - a closer look  and one I was unable to see at that time.
Everything excellent takes time - and passages of the soul who is making
those things; I think of  fine wines; the best liquors;  the Classics, in
literature,art, music;  memorable stories that never become outdated;  and
people.

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117