[stylist] has someone ever criticized your writing before?

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Jan 3 23:27:09 UTC 2013

Vejas,
I'm sorry that you experienced that, and I agree that it isn't a real
critique. The other more common response that is also not a real critique
is, "Yeah, I liked it. It was good." I think that if you ask someone to read
and critique your work and they agree, they ought to be able to give some
example of things they like or don't like -- if for no other reason than to
prove that they actually did read it. Perhaps, we need to be more up front
about that when we ask. It's "constructive" criticism we want and need, not
a one-sentence flat-lined opinion. My guess is that whoever this was, they
aren't very developed as a person. Shrug it off, and don't ask them again;
move on.
Donna