[stylist] January monthly lesson- creative nonfiction

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:51:13 UTC 2013

Donna,

I love Sedaris. He's one of my favorite nonfiction writers. I have his
entire book, Naked, in Word if you'd like it. I can convert it into a
zip folder and send.

Maxine Hong Kingston is another favorite. I like how both mix real-life
with their imaginings and conjecture. Terry Tempest Williams does this
too, but I haven't read much by her, though I love the piece I posted
here. These are three of the big ones most writing programs use to study
among many other greats. The Kingston and Williams pieces were studied
in almost every class I had, grin. I wanted to share some pieces of
creative nonfiction from writers who are respected and well-published in
the writing community.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 2