[stylist] January monthly lesson: Creative nonfiction

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 00:20:16 UTC 2013

Bridjit,

Thanks for sharing this enjoyable, and thorough, work on creative
non-fiction. If I were your professor, you'd get an A+ on this piece. It's
very informative, well written, and the examples are excellent. I always
thought creative non-fiction started with Hunter S. Thompson's new, or
'gonzo' journalism, back in the late 60s and 70s. But of course, his work
was very journalistically based, although you could call it memoir and/or
personal essay, since his methodology was to become a part of what he wrote
about (the Hell's Angels, for instance). But, I digress. Nice job, and
thanks.

chris