[stylist] Chris's creative non-fiction prompt

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Jan 25 14:26:41 UTC 2013

Chris

Just got a chance to read through your blindness related creative
non-fiction piece. (No, I've not taken the time to write my own- since
retiring I have taken on --- too many NFB related duties - national, state
wide or local chapter - that I've become a full-time manager of sorts and do
not have space in my brain to have creative thoughts! [Though I have written
a few technical sort of documents about the rehab of the blind- a 19 page
manual for new VR Counselors, a two day workshop for blind job seekers, and
a few others.]) I will also state that I am working to release myself of
some of these "non-creative" duties, so I can get back to a balance in my
brain where I can do both management and more creative writing stuff.
(Though, I will say that my technical writing is a lot more creative than
the average Tech writer!)

Oh and about the ending of your story --- I thought it worked. I'm still
thinking about it, wondering if you have an outie or an innie?

Respectfully yours,