[stylist] Taking the Fall for Federationism

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 19:44:18 UTC 2013

Shawn,

I can certainly relate to this piece. I won't bother to detail all my falls,
but I've broken bones and gotten some pretty impressive scars.

As for your piece, I'd recommend you consider writing it entirely in the
past tense. For me, the present tense makes it a little awkward and not as
smooth.

"Where is 77 K St. NW?" I ask an older black gentleman you had seen me go
down.
CK - I'd recommend you be more polite in your questioning, even if that is
accenting the creative aspect of this piece. It's a little thing, but my
mother drilled it into my head. And, I think you meant to use 'who',
although I don't think that sentence is particularly smooth.

My job isn't to discuss philosophy on this list, but I can pretty much
promise you that most true blue NFBers will argue that you stand a better
chance of not falling when you use a cane.

First, the coat followed by my shoe bag, then I empty my pockets into the
tray proved for such things.
CK - provided?

I like the theme of this piece a lot, and think you successfully completed
the task of writing a creative non-fiction piece.

chris