[stylist] Toot Toot- CLEAR DIRECTIONS for YOU

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 18:37:23 UTC 2013

But it's main focus (no pun intended) and one of the top reasons people
choose it is because of it's magnification capabilities. And it's
screenreader, from what I've been told, is not as sophisticated as other
screenreaders. And all the people I know who use Zoom Text and a
screenreader, choose to use Window Eyes or JAWS in conjunction with ZT
instead of it's own text to speech program. Not to say people don't use
it, obviously, but it's mostly used for it's magnification. Screenreader
users, in my experience, prefer other software, even those who also use
magnification.

My point being that if magnification isn't an option, there's not much
use to purchase Zoom Text. And for this specific situation, you appeared
(again, no pun intended) to be doing things visually with magnification
and not using a screenreader at all. So it would seem Zoom Text's
screenreader isn't helpful either with this particular discussion in
terms of what a screenreader can and can not do.

Bridgit