[stylist] quiet

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Jul 11 02:01:09 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
In my friend's experience it has been  progressive. It is carried in the
genes. She had the gene, and her husband is a carrier of the gene. Their son
has it; and her brother has it.  Her brother is totally blind from this
disease, and my friend has been losing sight rapidly over the past few
years.  It has been very gradual but steady for quite a few years for her.
Yes, she has no central vision - she says there is a shape that occurs in
the eye, and your vision surrounds that shape - different people have
different shapes, according to her experience with it in her family.  Maybe
for some people it eventually stops, but that has not been the case with
Suzanne or her brother. I have known three people who have it. I met two of
them at BVRS when I was a resident there in 2008. One was the psychologist
who worked there, and the other was a fellow student. That is about all I
know about it.

Lynda