[stylist] Another book review--The Martian Child

loristay at aol.com loristay at aol.com
Thu Jun 27 16:47:01 UTC 2013

Oddly enough, I saw a movie once with just this premise, that the child was sure he was a Martian, or at least an alien from outer space.  The movie didn't deal with the problems in the latter part of the book so much as with the father's acceptance of the child and his illusions.  By the end of the movie, one wondered if the child actually had illusions, or if he somehow was from outer space.

I wonder if the movie and this book are related?

Lori