[stylist] Haiku to Spring

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Tue Mar 5 15:35:50 UTC 2013

It is a sunny but brisk morning here in PA. Birds are singing and the sky is a blue that tells us winter has just about ended. I am sending out a HAIKU poem for a day such as this.

Haiku, traditionally, always has a "season" implied as a theme in the poem. The season can me mentioned, or it can be implied by other choice words within the format of the Haiku.  Here is one I wrote about this time of year, in 2004. I place 3 periods/spaces after each of the lines in hopes it will read well on JAWS.

(Title) . . Spring Haiku . . .

Bright saffron flowers . . .

disrupted crystal blankets  . . .

to announce, "It's Spring!" . . .