[stylist] Haiku to Spring

Mary-Jo Lord mjfingerprints at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 03:04:33 UTC 2013

Hi Linda.

Nice Haiku.

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Lynda Lambert
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:36 AM
To: Writer's Division Mailing List
Subject: Re: [stylist] Haiku to Spring

It is a sunny but brisk morning here in PA. Birds are singing and the sky is
a blue that tells us winter has just about ended. I am sending out a HAIKU
poem for a day such as this.

Haiku, traditionally, always has a "season" implied as a theme in the poem.
The season can me mentioned, or it can be implied by other choice words
within the format of the Haiku.  Here is one I wrote about this time of
year, in 2004. I place 3 periods/spaces after each of the lines in hopes it
will read well on JAWS.

(Title) . . Spring Haiku . . .

Bright saffron flowers . . .

disrupted crystal blankets  . . .