[stylist] Writing text for cartoons - a super interesting skill!!! Think about them

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Mar 11 02:56:54 UTC 2013

A Division member sent me a link to the below site. It consists of cartoons
--- being only text, no pictures. Check it out and think about this writing
skill!!!

(I do not think these are in poor taste; 4 of them have blind guys as part
of the cartoon.)

big funny brain frames
cartoons drawn in your head.

---

mar 11 2013

in a crowded conference room, a sign on an easel reads ' national
transportation safety commission monthly meeting'.
bureaucrats sit at tables and the commissioner is at a podium in the front
of the room
mark and teddy, two blind boys, are making their way to the podium.
mark carries packs of baseball cards. teddy has a bag of clothespins.

the commissioner speaks to the gathering,
"our two guest speakers today will discuss their proposed solution to the
'quiet car' problem."

---

mar 08 2013

a workman on a ladder is hanging a clock on the wall.
it has numbers 1 through 11 evenly spaced around the dial.
the old clock is in the garbage can.
two guys stand by the water cooler watching the workman.

one guy says,
"clock change day already? I wonder where the hour we lose goes."

---

mar 07 2013

two fish are in an aquarium.
they hover behind a table set up in front of their little fish castle.
a sign taped to the side of the tank reads 'yard sale today' with an arrow
pointing towards the table.
there is a decorative anchor with a $10 price tag, a mermaid statue with a
$5 tag,a plastic scuba diver with a $5 tag and a pile of colorful rocks with
a sign 'any 2 for $2'.

one fish says to the other,
"we haven't sold a thing. maybe we should lower the prices."

---

mar 06 2013

a tablet computer sits on the floor and leans against the wall.
a dog pokes the screen with his nose.
on the tablet, we see the face of a different dog barking.

a guy, standing by the door, holding a leash and looking annoyed says,
"come on barko, let's go already.
i should'a never showed you how to use skype."

---

mar 05 2013

a cat waits crouched at an obvious mouse hole in the living room wall.
a mouse stands inside the hole, far enough back to be out of reach.
we see through the walls the maze of pathways leading to another smaller
hole hidden behind a washing machine in the kitchen.
two mice are in the kitchen, stealing food from the cat's dish. they look
like they are having fun.

---

mar 04 2013

a man is in a doctors office.
the nurse is wrapping an ace bandage around the man's elbow.
the doctor is looking at a tablet computer.
on the screen is a picture of the man, in a crowded bar, hoisting a giant
stein of beer.

the doctor says,
"you'll be ok in about a week. looks like a textbook case of tankard elbow.
in the meantime, i'll give you a prescription for flexi-straws."

---

mar 01 2013

pope benedict sits at a table holding a smart phone.
the table is piled with many gold edged books. a conclave of scholars
surround the pope.

the pope says,
"i wish to send out the last tweet of my papacy. please, monsignor, what is
latin for lol?"

---

feb 28 2013

all the 100 u.s. senators sit in assembly. they all are looking around
suspiciously at each other.

the vice president stands at a podium and says,
"ok, we all know that the sequester means a 2 per cent across the board cut.
since there is 100 of you that means 2 of you have to be laid off. let's
start the role count vote on who goes."

---

feb 27 2013

a bus is stopped at the gate house entrance to the capital building in
washington, dc. painted on the bus is 'big funny circus'.
thru the bus windows, you can see circus performers acting out.
clowns , acrobats, elephants and donkeys follow the bus.

the driver says to the guard,
"we are here to give a training seminar.

---

feb 26 2013

a blind guy and a guide dog are walking down a supermarket aisle. a cabbage,
some apples and a bottle of organic water are in their shopping cart.
on one side of the aisle is the dog food.
on the other are cookies, candies and cakes.
the blind guy snifs the air around a bag of cookies.
the dog stares with his tongue out at a rack labeled 'barko beefy treats'.

caption:
the different flavors of temptation.

---

feb 25 2013

at the national zoo.
standing outside of the lion's cage, a man in a suit talks to a man with a
shovel.
inside the cage, a lioness stands by her cubs. they are all a bit skinny,
but the mother lion looks fierce and ready to pounce. she snarls at the men.

the suit man says, "i know that the sequester budget cuts have forced us to
cut back on their foo, but you still have to clean the cage."

---

feb 22 2013

two workers on their lunch break sit outside a burger place. they look at
the drive thru line that is queued up near them. on the line is a lady in a
wheelchair, a kid on a scooter, an old man in a geezer cart, a girl on a
pony, a boy on a skateboard and a girl and a blind guy on a tandem bike.

one worker to the other says,
"i guess the price of gas went up again."

---

feb 21 2013

a man stands at a counter in a computer store. there are shelves full of
laptops and tablet computers. an overhead sign read s'radio shed'. there is
a rack on the counter, full of what looks like human brains with usb
connectors attached to them. the store clerk is pointing at them.

he says,
"sorry we are out of flash drives. maybe i could interest you in one of our
new 'flesh' drives."

---

feb 20 2013

a packed auditorium waits for the start of the presidential inauguration.
beyonce waits in front of a music stand. a group of dignitaries, kings and
queens sit under a banner that reads 'v. i. p. section' they look upset and
are pointing towards the back of the auditorium. two blind boys, mark and
teddy, wearing sunglasses, stand at the back of the room. they hoist a
banner between two raised white canes. it reads 'v. i. p. section' the
president and an aide peek out from the wings, towards the boys.

the aide says,
"i think it means visually impaired people".

---

feb 19 2013

2 eskimos stand in front of a half melted igloo.

one says to the other,
"this global warming is ruining our property values."

---

feb 18 2013

mark and teddy, 2 blind guys with white canes, stand at an intersection
waiting to cross. the light is yellow. a sign, on a pole, facing the traffic
reads "this intersection monitored by a red light camera, $250 fine" there
is a pile of crashed cars stopped at the light. another car is about to
smash into the pile.

teddy says to mark,
"i wait until i hear a crash then i know it's ok to cross."

---

big funny brain frames
by peter mark

send us an email <mailto:scripts at onisland.com>

copyright 2013
on island communications, ny

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee