[stylist] In the Storms of April

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Mar 24 20:33:40 UTC 2013

hahaha, I love it! Always a feeling that things are not quite as peaceful
and lovely as they first appear?

Check out the SpringSummer issue of Magnets and Ladders - there is a very
nice piece on the Pantoum there - I think it is by one of the NFB Writers
here - don't remember, but it is very good and she put in some poems for
examples.

I use the Pantoum form a LOT, as I love the feeling of movement we get -
almost like being on a train speeding down the tracks or on a carnival ride
that we might want to STOP but cannot - we must stay on it till the END.
That is MY TAKE on a Pantoum and that is how I approach it - so of course my
imagery is reflective of that feeling of movement that gains momentum as we
travel through the lines and verses of it. (I am all for "FULL speed ahead"
remember? lol

I have written a lot of Pantoums,Vilanelle, (sp) and Sestina  poems -  my
favorite choices when doing a poem in a "form."

I do not know about other here, it's been so quiet that I think everyone is
busy WRITING their hearts out to be ready to submit things by April 1 for
the NFB Writing Contest. I have been super busy writing, too.

I am started the big task of archiving my writing and poetry - beginning
with the late 70s. I have finished my art archiving project - took 2 long
and hard months of work. Now, beginning the writing archives. It is
enlightening to LOOK BACK. Today I posted a new blog article on looking back
at what we have done and it's benefits to inspire us.

It is at:
http://www.walkingbyinnervision.blogspot.com

Thanks for your comments. Lynda

Lynda Lambert