[stylist] Question about color and blindness

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Mar 28 11:45:10 UTC 2013

Eve, I love that color, too.
My closet has lots of periwinkle in it; skinny jeans, my gym shoes, and
more. I think I love it due to the name, as you said.

I also love it because I have a lot of periwinkle vines surrounding my
studio - planted there about 40 years ago and flourishing. It is the color
of the wonderful little flowers on it, there, amid the deep dusky greens of
the waxy leaves of the vines. It's delicate and seems like a surprise when
those flowers are blooming, hidden away amid the leaves.

I would say my favorite color is any shade of orange. In particular, I
guess, I would always say it would be Yellow-Orange that I love the most.

 Anything between terracotta to screaming yellow-orange - and into the
brightest sunniest yellows - my house is flooded with these colors because
of my love for Puerto Rico. It keeps my mind focused on the beauty of PR,
all year long.  We just got all the wallpaper removed from the upstairs
bathroom, and once the plasterer comes to repair the cracks in the 85 year
old walls, they will be painted terra cotta, with yellow trim, and a soft
pink ceiling. That's my world.

And, of course, the dominate color in my closet is oranges! It is my
"neutral color" and everything goes "with" it.

Here's a great site for learning about meaning and history of color:

http://www2.crayola.com/colorcensus/americas_favorites/display.cfm?color=268
Lynda