[stylist] rainbow question

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Sat Mar 30 17:18:22 UTC 2013

Okay, maybe there are some more astute folks on this list than that I know in person.  Can anyone tell me for sure what color is on top of the rainbow?  And, when it bows, the widest part is at the top?  In other words it arcs over the land?

I had a silly poem called “Rainbow Waves” and I had red on top for one version and violet on top for the other because I get varying answers on the question.
Barbara

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance. -- Carl Sandburg