[stylist] Harry Potter/Wicca

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue May 7 21:46:22 UTC 2013

Lori,

As you say, witches are not necessarily Wicca, though in pop-culture,
the terms have become synonymous. I have had friends who practice Wicca
but don't know all the details of the practice. I think it depends on
perspective.

Harry Potter is in no way promoting any *lifestyle* but Rowling merely
borrowed ideas and figures in order to create her world. While there may
be some things resembling current ideas of both witchcraft and Wicca, as
a piece of fiction, it's completely made up. Picking up a Harry Potter
book is not picking up a guide on witchcraft or Wicca, as some critics
seem to think. And as you say, it's no different than most other works
of fantasy fiction that are out there.

Bridgit
Message: 2