[stylist] Poem - "Vixen"

Barbara HAMMEL poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Apr 10 02:33:31 UTC 2014

It's a good poem, having lost a cat or two. I can't tell you what a polished version of this should or could look like because I'm no good at rewriting my own poems. However, it may just be me. You do an excellent job at painting pictures but our styles of writing are different enough that it seems to me as if you're writing a literal translation from another language. Explanation: When I went to Venezuela, of course the preacher was talking in Spanish and what he was saaying was said so beautifully in his language but the translation took the color out of it. My understanding of your writing isn't as far of as that but I sense a certain something missing -- and it's not that it doesn't rhyme. (smile)
Barbara

Sent from my iPhone